According to the UK Health and Safety Executive Management Standards, there are six key areas that if not properly managed, lead to workplace stress and reduced work productivity. These areas are:
1. Demands: Workload, work patterns, and the work environment
2. Control: How much say the person has in the way they do their work
3. Support: Encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues
4. Relationships: Promoting positive working to avoid conflict and dealing with unacceptable behaviour
5. Role: Whether people understand their role within the organisation and whether the organisation ensures that they do not have conflicting roles
6. Change: How organisational change is managed and communicated in the organisation
Would you like an independent assessment and diagnosis on how you or your organisation manages work based pressure? Perhaps you are interested in knowing what you or your organisation’s stressors are and how best you can tackle them?
Contact us for more information on managing workplace stress.