Job stress can affect your professional and personal relationships, your livelihood, your mental and emotional health and can cause and exacerbate health issues like:
▪ Emotional issues: Becoming easily agitated, frustrated and moody
▪ Physical pain: Headaches, back ache and other symptoms of pain can be manifestations of stress
▪ Skin problems: For some people skin disorders and acne are stress related clues
▪ Digestive issues: Diarrhea and Constipation seem unlikely symptoms but the data tells us different.
▪ Sleep problems: Can’t sleep? Could there be too much on your mind?
▪ Depression & anxiety: Prolonged periods of unexplained sadness or being overtly nervous could be a sure sign of stress
▪ Obesity: Yes stress can make you fat! Some people eat more when they are stressed.
▪ Autoimmune disorders: Stress can have a negative effect on our immune systems making us more susceptible to illness.
▪ Heart problems: The ultimate killer, need I say more.
Some even more interesting symptoms include;
▪ Feeling bad about yourself, low self-esteem and loneliness
▪ Avoiding others
▪ Low energy
▪ Frequent colds and infections
▪ Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
▪ Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear
▪ Cold or sweaty hands and feet
▪ Excess sweating
▪ Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing
▪ Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
▪ Poor judgement
▪ Being pessimistic or seeing only the negative side
▪ Increased use of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes